How does SEO build up your website’s rank and what are its types?
Talking about SEO, it stands for Search engine optimization. Also, it improves your website proficiency and visibility for relevant searches. The better visibility your pages have in search results, the more likely you are to garner your prospective and existing customers’ attention to your business. Thus, it increases both the quality and quantity of website traffic, as well as exposure to your brand, through organic (non-paid)search engine results.
Crucial role to play for your website:
- Firstly, SEO works best to get more traffic from diverse sources and for repetitive visitors. It is based on the specific keywords SEO can generate good traffic and ultimately affect the revenue for an e-commerce site.
- Secondly, a Search Engine Optimizer needs to look for new keywords and work on specific keywords to get new traffic. Many tools are useful to get articles or text submissions automatically.
- Thirdly, a Search Engine Optimizer must be aware of the latest tools to get submitting text over free article directories.
- Further, Practicing website optimization with ethics is more important. Many Search Engine Optimizers are using shortcuts to get better results but ultimately they are trapped under the crawler.
- Lastly, The ultimate goal for the website owner and SEO is to get traffic. Therefore, it appears in the first five pages of the search engine and maintains the positing online, and also gets repetitive users on their website.
One needs to be patient enough to raise their brand’s goodwill. Besides, there is no risk of your site getting banned or bumped down in the search results if there is a new algorithm change. All in all, white-hat SEO is low-risk and has high rewards if you do it right.
To bring more clarity here are some types of SEO:
Black-hat SEO is the exact opposite of white-hat SEO in that it finds and takes advantage of any loopholes or weaknesses in Google’s search algorithm to rank better on its SERPs. Moreover, It does not stick to the search engine’s list of SEO do’s and don’ts. Also, it resorts to spammy or paid link-building methods, keyword stuffing, showing different content to bots/crawlers, etc. to get ahead. Black-hat can get your site blacklisted or its rankings drop so it is best avoided. Besides, these high-risk SEO techniques give you only short-lived results.
Grey-hat SEO tactics are often used by SEO agencies due to pressure to see quick results from a client and fall in between white and black hat SEO in terms of approach. Examples include clickbait content that is sensational yet mediocre and of no value to the user, excessive and suspicious link exchange between sites, paid reviews, etc. Again, it is best to stay far away from such underhanded SEO tactics.
All the measures you take to make your web page rank higher on search engines fall under this umbrella on- Page. It includes authoring high-quality content, adding meta tags to help Google bots better understand your content, and using HTML tags to highlight headings and other content elements. Cleaning up the URL structure and having an ordered naming system for various similar pages. Therefore, the pages fall under one category, choosing images that are not too big while writing descriptive file names, etc. are just a few other on-page techniques.
Off-page refers to everything you do outside of your site to fare better and feature higher up in Google’s SERPs. It includes working on external ranking factors like building links from trusted sites in the same domain as you. You can also have successful social media marketing, having customers give you a positive reviews on various online forums, etc.
Technical SEO is largely to help Google bots successfully crawl, interpret, and index all the pages of your site for future use. Creating a thorough XML sitemap, making your site mobile-friendly, and adding structured data to help web crawlers sort. Consequently, they categorize your pages based on the type of content they carry are just some of the techniques used.